Saturday, September 24, 2011
These turned out delicious...as I knew they would. My only problem was that my crust wasn't as moist as I think it should have been. Here is the Recipe...
Lemon Cheesecake Bars
1 Box Lemon cake mix
1/3 cup butter (softened)
8 oz cream cheese softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 of a lemon, zested
2 TBSP lemon juice, fresh or bottled ( i used both, just added extra lemon, to taste) and I'm glad i did, cause it would not have been enough
1 tsp vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, blend dry cake mix, butter and 1 egg. Mix well, and press into an ungreased 9x13 pan. Beat the cream cheese until smooth, gradually add in the powdered sugar, stir in lemon zest and juice until smooth. Reserve 1/2 cup of this mixture until end, and keep in fridge. Now beat in remaining eggs and vanilla into the cream cheese mixture until all incorporated. Spread this evenly over crust. Bake at 350 until set, 25-30 minutes. Take out and cool completely. Spread reserved cream cheese mixture over top and refrigerate until firm and cut into squares and serve.
I don't even want to think about the calories!! Enjoy
Thursday, September 22, 2011
Alright, Here is my 4th Pinterest Recipe!! Rolled Pizza Rolls/Bites....they were delicious. I have not had a pinterest recipe I have not liked yet. We had our great friend/neighbor Dee over tonight for dinner, and it was agreed, everyone loved it. Pinterest is going to make me gain weight....LOL...Here is pics. You will have to forgive the photos, I was lazy tonight and didnt get out my Cannon camera, instead I used my Iphone for photos, so they are not as clear as I would like. Plus my hands were covered in flour, so I didnt handle my phone well.
Recipe for Rolled Pizza Bites
1 Can of prepared Pizza Dough
1 jar of Ragu ( i used Marinara Flavor, but you can certainly use your favorite one)
Dab of butter
Italian Season ( i used Spaghetti seasoning)
parmesan cheese (shredded)
Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Take a piece of wax paper and lightly cover it with flour. Roll out your dough evenly. I melted my butter and added in garlic salt and italian seasoning and mixed it up well, and used my kitchen brush, and i lightly brushed the dough. Then sprinkle on both cheeses and add your pepperoni. Then you will need to tightly roll your dough into a log. Then I cut the roll into thick pieces (this is also where you can cut your own sizes). Then place your pizza bites onto a lightly greased cookie sheet or pizza pan. And bake for 8-12 minutes until dough is done. Then serve with heated sauce.
These were so good!!! A must try. Stay tuned for my next Pinterest Recipe!!
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Alright Guys!!! Thanks to Pintrest..I have found hundreds of new recipes. This is my 3rd go around so far. This pie was extremely good. I made it for a Labor Day cookout and it got ate completely. Here is the recipe:
For the Crust
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
4 tablespoons butter
- Mix the crumbs, sugar, and butter in a nine inch pie pan or spring form pan. Mix until the crumbs have absorbed the butter and the mixture is uniform.
- Press the crumbs across the bottom of the pan and up the sides.
- Bake for eight to ten minutes at 350 degrees. (If it’s a hot July day, you can choose not to bake the crust. A baked crust holds together better because the heat melts the sugar to help hold the crumbs together.)
For the Filling
1 8-ounce packet of cream cheese, softened
1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
3/4 cup pink lemonade concentrate (not mixed with water)
2 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh or bottled)
red food coloring as desired
- Using the whip attachment and your stand-type mixer or with a handheld electric mixer, mix the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk together on medium high speed until the mixture is smooth. (If you place the sweetened condensed milk in the bowl first, the cream cheese will not stick to the bowl and you will have little need to scrape the sides.)
- Add the lemonade concentrate and lemon juice and continue beating. Color with red food coloring as desired.
- Pour the mixture into the pie shell and place it in the freezer while you mix the topping.
For the Topping
1/3 cup shredded coconut
red food coloring
1 cup whipping cream
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the coconut in a small bowl with a drop of food coloring and a couple drops of water and stir until the coconut turns pink.
- Whip the cream until stiff, adding the sugar and vanilla in the process.
- Spoon the cream over the pie filling and garnish with the pink coconut.
- Freeze the pie until firm.
Stay Tuned for Pintrest Recipe #4