Alright Guys!!! Thanks to Pintrest..I have found hundreds of new recipes. This is my 3rd go around so far. This pie was extremely good. I made it for a Labor Day cookout and it got ate completely. Here is the recipe:
For the Crust
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
4 tablespoons butter
- Mix the crumbs, sugar, and butter in a nine inch pie pan or spring form pan. Mix until the crumbs have absorbed the butter and the mixture is uniform.
- Press the crumbs across the bottom of the pan and up the sides.
- Bake for eight to ten minutes at 350 degrees. (If it’s a hot July day, you can choose not to bake the crust. A baked crust holds together better because the heat melts the sugar to help hold the crumbs together.)
For the Filling
1 8-ounce packet of cream cheese, softened
1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
3/4 cup pink lemonade concentrate (not mixed with water)
2 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh or bottled)
red food coloring as desired
- Using the whip attachment and your stand-type mixer or with a handheld electric mixer, mix the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk together on medium high speed until the mixture is smooth. (If you place the sweetened condensed milk in the bowl first, the cream cheese will not stick to the bowl and you will have little need to scrape the sides.)
- Add the lemonade concentrate and lemon juice and continue beating. Color with red food coloring as desired.
- Pour the mixture into the pie shell and place it in the freezer while you mix the topping.
For the Topping
1/3 cup shredded coconut
red food coloring
1 cup whipping cream
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the coconut in a small bowl with a drop of food coloring and a couple drops of water and stir until the coconut turns pink.
- Whip the cream until stiff, adding the sugar and vanilla in the process.
- Spoon the cream over the pie filling and garnish with the pink coconut.
- Freeze the pie until firm.
Stay Tuned for Pintrest Recipe #4